Once you have set up your MYOB connection you can then proceed to export your time sheet data to MYOB to process payroll.
The time sheets exported to MYOB are based on ‘interpreted’ hours, this means that the time sheets must be processed in a ClockOn payroll first so that the hours are broken down correctly such as ordinary hours and overtime, etc…
This article contains the following
Uploading Time sheets from ClockOn To MYOB
To send your time sheets through to MYOB follow the steps below
- Select the Export menu, then click the Integration Wizard option.
- Ensure that the MYOB Time sheets option is selected then click Next
- Select the payroll period that you wish to post through to MYOB
- ClockOn will then provide a listing of the employees within this period to allow you to match them against their MYOB instance counterparts. The Auto Assign button can be used to help identify employees with matching details such as first name, surname, and date of birth.
- The next step is to establish the Mapping Rules to provide the link between the ClockOn costings and the MYOB employee wage categories. For more details on this please see the Mapping Rules section of this article.
- Once the mapping has been completed, you can then submit the data to the online system for further processing. Press the Ok button to continue, ClockOn will then report the process in the on-screen log.
- The wizard is now complete and will allow the user to close the screen. Please ensure the data is correct in the external system. Click OK
As discussed previously, the mapping rules screen allows you to link the costings generated from the ClockOn Payroll through to your MYOB instance, to allow you to make your payments to your staff through the MYOB system.
The following details the elements for the interface on this screen.
On opening the mapping rules screen for the first time you will see entries listed in red
You can correct these entries by doing one of the following;
- Assigning items in the categories
- Using the Plus symbol in the Menu column
For the first option, you can simply click on the Category dropdown and select from the available options in the list that relate to the costing record.
Once assigned for one of these records, all similar matching records will inherit this setting.
In the below example the rule to assign the "Base Hourly" code will auto-apply to all employees where their ruleset is "Full Time", their department is "Default", and are paid at a rate of 100%. It will also affect every day of the week.
If you want you can also create rules specific to days of the week by setting the rule only on the sub-item for the employee
The second method for creating the rules allows is to use the Plus symbol.
When clicked you will be presented with the following.
From this screen, you can use the Category and Tracking Item dropdowns to specify the MYOB linkage, and from there you can detail the rules that the ClockOn splits will use for the selected category.
- Match by Description
Provides a listing of all available costing descriptions within the payroll.
- Match by Percentage
Determines whether the rule will use the percentage from the costing to link the category.
- Match by Rate
Determines whether the rule will use the costing rate to link the category.
- Match by Day(s)
Indicates whether the rule will apply on all or specific days of the week.
You can also edit existing rules by using the Edit icon as shown below
And delete the rule by using the Bin icon.
Note that using the delete option will only remove the intergration rule, it will not remove your timesheet costing record.